LalBrew® CBC-1 has been specifically selected from the Lallemand Yeast Culture Collection for its refermentation properties and is recommended for Cask and Bottle Conditioning.
LalBrew® CBC-1 referments beer efficiently due to its high resistance to alcohol and pressure. The flavor is neutral, therefore the original character of the beer is preserved. The yeast will settle and form a tight mat at the end of refermentation.
LalBrew® CBC-1 can also be used for primary fermentation of dry ciders or mead. Maltotriose is not metabolized during primary fermentation of beer, so LalBrew® CBC-1 is well suited for sweeter fruit beers or fullbodied, malty ales.
- CBC-1 is best used as a bottle or keg carbonation/conditioning yeast, where added sugar as glucose is used.
- Is quick and robust and will ferment beer with an ABV up to 18%
- CBC-1 as a primary yeast will leave residual sweetness as it does not metabolize maltotriose.
- CBC-1 does not affect the taste of the beer when used in refermentation.
- Similar dry yeast: SafBrew F2
CBC-1 is a killer yeast, meaning it will secrete a toxic protein that can inhibit killer sensitive strains
(most brewing strains are killer sensitive). While this is a positive yeast trait when conducting a
pure fermentation/refermentation with CBC-1, extra care should be taken to ensure proper
cleaning procedures are in place to avoid any cross-contamination with other brews.